love

love

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It's been a while...

Alright everyone, I know I am bit of a blogging bore. I promise I will make a valiant effort in updating more often. I have been in a little bit of a slump lately. I am feeling much better though. I really think that once I find my camera charger and am able to take some better pictures I will be more motivated to update more.

Anyways... Ryan and I had our first date night this last weekend! We went to P.F. Changs and saw Elysium while my parents watched Adalynn. It was really nice to have the chance to spend some one on one time with each other for the first time in a while. Although the movie didn't necessarily meet our expectations, we still had a good time (except for the fact that I wore heels and my post pregnancy feet swelled up SO badly and it was incredibly painful!)

Adalynn turned two months old on the 10th! Today was her two month appointment and shots. It was sad for mommy, but she took it like a champ. She only cried a little after each shot and we cuddled on a bench for 30 minutes before we started our ride home. She slept the entire ride and then a while when we got back, but around 2 she really seemed like she wasn't feeling well. I gave her some tylenol and we had some mommy baby cuddle/nursing time for the rest of the day until daddy got home and then she cheered right up! She is now sleeping happily on daddy's shoulder and he's never looked better ;). 
Length: 22 1/2 in. (grown an inch)
Weight: 10lbs. 9oz. (gained 3lbs. 6oz.)
It blows me away how big she's getting. Her pediatrician commented on how much she was "talking" and smiling. It made me so proud to have such a smart little girl. My love for her (and her daddy) just blows me away.






3 comments:

  1. Makes Grandpa and Grandma Capes oh so proud too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that happy, smiley face of hers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable guys!!! She is the smiliest baby I've ever seen! Such a happy heart! :D

    ReplyDelete